Not Logged In
Industry news In-depth Data reports Calendars About us Contact us

AC Milan to sell to Chinese group

By Liu Huayu 27 May 2016

As reported, “a group of Chinese investors has agreed to take an initial stake of 70 %  of Italian Serie A soccer club AC Milan, with ongoing discussions about the sale of the remaining 30 %.”

“It is also reported that former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi will remain president for the next two or three years until the additional 30 percent is acquired by the Chinese. “

According to Italian media, the possible candidate to take the place of Berlusconi may be one of the following: Robin Lee (the president of Baidu), Xu Jiayin (a Chinese real estate developer, Chairman of Evergrande Group), He Xiangjian (the co-founder of Midea, one of China's largest appliance makers) and possibly Eric Xu (Rotating & Acting Chief Executive Officer of Huawei Investment & Holding Co. Ltd).

"If everything goes as planned, a final agreement will be reached by June 15th-20th, subject to any changes."

Source: China Daily

Proofread by Sean O Diobhilin

Please log in to make a comment.