Bayern Munich, ahead of Manchester United and Liverpool, have the best digital media presence in China, according to the Red Card 2016 China Digital Football Index.
Prepared by Shanghai-based consultancy Mailman, the report looks at commercial success, engagement and social media.
The growth of IPTV is one of the nine different "performance metrics" that Red Card analyses across Weibo, the messaging service WeChat and each club's official website, online shops and video offerings.
The report concluded that:
1. Bayern Munich is the #1 team on Chinese digital media.
2. WeChat follower numbers are revealed publicly for the first time ever with 4 clubs reaching over 50,000 followers.
3. Manchester United is the most followed club on Chinese social media.
4. China is the #1 country for pre-season fixtures with 10 teams playing exhibition matches and the first International Champions Cup held in Asia.
5. The Bundesliga is the most popular European league on Chinese social media.
6. Three of the top 5 most followed football stars on Twitter, including Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar, still do not have a presence on Weibo.
Source:BBC & mailmangroup.com